November 26, 2008
TwitterFox is a Firefox extension that notifies you of your friends’ tweets of Twitter. (previously known as TwitterNotifier )
This extension adds a tiny icon on the status bar that notifies you when your friends update their tweets. Also it has a small text input field to update your tweets.
New feature of Version 1.7.2
- Fixed an issue in which favorite function doesn’t work
- Fixed an issue in which scroll position is reset when TF receives new tweets
Just enjoy it
For more information click here
November 26, 2008
Some bloggers use Twitter to promote their blogs, or use it separately in order to gain more followers. However, majority of them don’t effectively use the service for what it was intended, so here are a few tips on how to effectively manage using Twitter.
- Ask your readers to follow your tweets either via your email newsletter, or an invitation text & link on your blog.
- Use WordPress plugins like TwitterTools to update your tweets on your blog.
- Participate in the communities within your niche which will naturally draw followers to you. Define your target niche, and eliminate the rest. Follow less but targeted people.
- Don’t be too noisy. Keep the noise down. Do not follow noisy people, just purge those people.
- Star your favorite tweets. This will help you to save them for future use.
- Watch Tao of Twitter by Ed Dale.
- Prefer easy to use twittering tools like Twshot or TwitterFox
- Your Twitter feed is also available as an RSS feed. Check the bottom of your Twitter homepage, and you will notice your Twitter RSS feed. Get your Twitter RSS feed, and send it to RSS directories.
- Customize your Twitter background image. Look at mine: Mert Erkal. It is not so difficult. Believe me it is worth spending your time. Do not forget to publish your blog’s logo and URL for branding.
- Integrate your Twitter updates with Facebook using TwitterSync. This little application will publish your latest tweet as your Facebook status.
- If you have time, I suggest you to take a look at Caroline Middlebrook’s Twitter Guide.
How do you use Twitter? Please share your best practices with me.