July 21, 2010
WiseStamp is great plug in for making email signatures works in very beautiful way with your social networking like Facebook, twitter, …. and others
here are some features :
Read the rest of this entry »
June 15, 2010
Twitter is over capacity
twitter is over capacity … may be its the world Cup fever.
November 17, 2009
If a justification is necessary, just look to the budgeting process. Public community colleges face the same risks as other taxpayer-funded organizations and institutions (such as NASA). Free tools to enhance the educational experience, when not used, are the equivalent of flushing budget dollars. And, the fact that these tools easily engage students outside the classroom increases the odds of success.
Read the rest of this entry »
October 17, 2009
Today I was going through some of the statistics and facts of twitter as we know twitter is one of the most successful social networking and micro-blogging websites .
First of all list go to some history about twitter, the idea of twitter comes out in 2000 by Jack Dorsey and the name of the service was Status as Jack Dorsey said ” We wanted to capture that in the name — we wanted to capture that feeling: the physical sensation that you’re buzzing your friend’s pocket. It’s like buzzing all over the world. So we did a bunch of name-storming, and we came up with the word “twitch,” because the phone kind of vibrates when it moves. But “twitch” is not a good product name because it doesn’t bring up the right imagery. So we looked in the dictionary for words around it, and we came across the word “twitter,” and it was just perfect. The definition was “a short burst of inconsequential information,” and “chirps from birds.” And that’s exactly what the product was. ” , after that he came with the name twttr see the photo
Some of the hard nosed facts about twitter and its growth engine are as follows:
- 1,382% year-over-year growth in February 2009.
- Total unique visitors grew from 3,398,791 in October 2008 to 23,538,791 last month.
- Twitter was the fastest growing member community site for the month of February.
- Zimbio (240%) and Facebook (228%) were the second and third-fastest growing online communities.
- Twitter is not just for kids: In February 2009, adults ages 35-49 had the largest representation on Twitter – almost 3 million unique visitors from this age group (almost 42% of the entire audience).
- 62% of the audience access Twitter from work only, while only 35% access it only from home.
- It’s all about mobile: In January 2009, 735,000 unique visitors accessed Twitter via their mobile device.
- The average unique visitor went to Twitter 14 times during the month.
- They spent an average of 7 minutes on the site.
- In Q4 2008, 812,000 unique users sent or received Twitter text messages (via AT&T or Verizon cell phones).
- The average tweet per person for the quarter was nearly 240.
List see the users of twitter:
- Twitter users with more than 50,000 followers were mostly celebrities
- 60.6% of the most active Twitter users are located in the U.S.
- 6.9% of the most active Twitter users are located in the UK
- 4.7% of the most active Twitter users are located in Japan
- 4.3% in Canada
- male users acount for 54%, female users account for 46%
- 88% of the 5% most active Twitter users have never missed checking their Twitter account before starting their day.
- 48% of the most active Twitter users have more than 100 followers
44% of the most active Twitter users have more than 100 friends
- 33% of the most active users are new users
Twitter users comes from these countries:
- 39.9% from USA
- 7.9% from India
- 7.9% from Germany
- 6.1% from UK
- 3.3% from Japan
Some reports say that many twitter users interact via 3rd party apps like Tweetdeck, Twhirl etc. So the actual numbers would be subsequently more than these stats.
For more information see :
October 16, 2009
The co-founder of Twitter Biz Stone announced today that Twitter will launch two wines – a Pinot Noir and a Chardonnay – in partnership with Room to Read, a San Francisco-based non-profit that helps improve literacy rates in poor countries. Stone describes the project, titled “Fledgling Wine“, in the video below. It’s certainly a departure from the site’s microblogging roots, but all for a good cause.
Watch the video :
For more information :
Source of the News :
November 26, 2008
TwitterFox is a Firefox extension that notifies you of your friends’ tweets of Twitter. (previously known as TwitterNotifier )
This extension adds a tiny icon on the status bar that notifies you when your friends update their tweets. Also it has a small text input field to update your tweets.
New feature of Version 1.7.2
- Fixed an issue in which favorite function doesn’t work
- Fixed an issue in which scroll position is reset when TF receives new tweets
Just enjoy it
For more information click here
November 26, 2008
Some bloggers use Twitter to promote their blogs, or use it separately in order to gain more followers. However, majority of them don’t effectively use the service for what it was intended, so here are a few tips on how to effectively manage using Twitter.
- Ask your readers to follow your tweets either via your email newsletter, or an invitation text & link on your blog.
- Use WordPress plugins like TwitterTools to update your tweets on your blog.
- Participate in the communities within your niche which will naturally draw followers to you. Define your target niche, and eliminate the rest. Follow less but targeted people.
- Don’t be too noisy. Keep the noise down. Do not follow noisy people, just purge those people.
- Star your favorite tweets. This will help you to save them for future use.
- Watch Tao of Twitter by Ed Dale.
- Prefer easy to use twittering tools like Twshot or TwitterFox
- Your Twitter feed is also available as an RSS feed. Check the bottom of your Twitter homepage, and you will notice your Twitter RSS feed. Get your Twitter RSS feed, and send it to RSS directories.
- Customize your Twitter background image. Look at mine: Mert Erkal. It is not so difficult. Believe me it is worth spending your time. Do not forget to publish your blog’s logo and URL for branding.
- Integrate your Twitter updates with Facebook using TwitterSync. This little application will publish your latest tweet as your Facebook status.
- If you have time, I suggest you to take a look at Caroline Middlebrook’s Twitter Guide.
How do you use Twitter? Please share your best practices with me.