October 20, 2009
Bing is getting vocal on a new Samsung mobile phone that lets people command Microsoft’s Internet search engine by talking.
A “Tellme” feature built into Intrepid mobile phones introduced by the South Korean electronics giant can also convert spoken words into text messages.
“Have you ever really stopped to think about how many steps it takes to get anything done on your phone?” Microsoft Mobile senior director Dariusz Paczuski asked in Bing blog post on Tuesday.
Paczuski maintained that using a smart phone to search for a restaurant can take more than 20 taps of a keypad and that sending text messages can involve far more strokes.
“The number of steps it takes to complete your tasks may not be a real problem for when you are sitting at your desk or at home on the couch,” Paczuski said.
“But what about those times when you are carrying that bag of groceries in one arm and you need to text your spouse that you need them to pick up the kids from soccer practice? Or walking up and down a busy Manhattan sidewalk?”
The Intrepid features a Tellme button that users press to activate a voice service that lets them tell the smartphone what they want.
“Users just press the voice button on their phone and talk,” Paczuski said.
Google launched a voice search application for iPhones last year and has since made the feature available on Blackberry and Android-based smart phones.
October 15, 2009
Aardvark now launches a new social Search on the web as the said there official blog (http://blog.vark.com/?p=229). Which now you can Search for the people instead of web pages. So just ask www.vark.com , it will take five minutes to answer your question. Also the Service is avaiable through the email Instant Messenger, Twitter, and the iPhone.
November 26, 2008
Some bloggers use Twitter to promote their blogs, or use it separately in order to gain more followers. However, majority of them don’t effectively use the service for what it was intended, so here are a few tips on how to effectively manage using Twitter.
- Ask your readers to follow your tweets either via your email newsletter, or an invitation text & link on your blog.
- Use WordPress plugins like TwitterTools to update your tweets on your blog.
- Participate in the communities within your niche which will naturally draw followers to you. Define your target niche, and eliminate the rest. Follow less but targeted people.
- Don’t be too noisy. Keep the noise down. Do not follow noisy people, just purge those people.
- Star your favorite tweets. This will help you to save them for future use.
- Watch Tao of Twitter by Ed Dale.
- Prefer easy to use twittering tools like Twshot or TwitterFox
- Your Twitter feed is also available as an RSS feed. Check the bottom of your Twitter homepage, and you will notice your Twitter RSS feed. Get your Twitter RSS feed, and send it to RSS directories.
- Customize your Twitter background image. Look at mine: Mert Erkal. It is not so difficult. Believe me it is worth spending your time. Do not forget to publish your blog’s logo and URL for branding.
- Integrate your Twitter updates with Facebook using TwitterSync. This little application will publish your latest tweet as your Facebook status.
- If you have time, I suggest you to take a look at Caroline Middlebrook’s Twitter Guide.
How do you use Twitter? Please share your best practices with me.