RSS definition :
RSS stands for (Really Simple Syndication or Rich Site Summary) is a format fordeliveringregularlychanging web content.
Benefits or the reasons for using RSS ?
- Allow you to easily stay informed.
- You save time by not needing to visit each site individually.
- Ensuring your privacy, by not joining every newsletter.
What do you need to read RSS feeds ?
You need Feed Reader or News Aggregater that allow you to grab the RSS feeds from various sites and display them for you to read and use.
There is a variety of RSS Feeds Readers, for different platforms :
- AmphetaDesk (Windows, Linux and Mac)
- FeedReader (Windows)
- NewsGator (Windows integrated with Outlook)
- FeedDemon (Windows)
- NetNewsWire (Mac)
Web Based Readers :
How to find RSS Feed for website or blog?
Many sites and blogs display a small icon with the acronyms RSS, XML, or RDF to let you know a feed is available.
For more information: